Tuesday, October 8, 2013

other blogs

Today I was reading through some other differentiation blogs. One post I really liked was on Carolyn's Blog. She discussed the same thing I did which is that we need to teach students, not just the subject. I really like what she said, "I want to be a teacher of students, not a teacher of lessons." I want that too!

Another blog post I really liked was on Nichole's Blog. In one of her posts, she discussed chapter 3 in Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentiated Classroom. In this chapter it states that a certain faculty was great because they lived what they believed. Nichole pointed out that in our Education program, we are taught a lot of information but there are also a lot of opinions. Nichole said, "This is where I need to form my own opinion on what I believe. Once I know for sure what I believe I want in my classroom to feel, look, and act like, then I will be able to live it." Amen sista! There's a reason Sylvia Allen's morning meeting is different than the one in the textbook. She lived what she believed and she made her morning meeting work for her. And what an amazing work it was!

Sometimes I get really stressed about trying to be exactly like all the really good teachers out there. I get stressed thinking about using EVERY SINGLE good idea I have ever heard. The thing that helps me calm down and feel confident is knowing that I don't have to be just like other teachers. I need to be myself and do what works for me.

I like reading other blogs. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're right, you know! You should stop wasting energy and emotion on what other teachers are doing... and spend the rest of your pre-teaching days becoming the YOU that your students will need. 3 pts.

    ReplyDelete